No, I'm not going to college.

I've been saying it for a while now, but now that I graduated, I guess it's finally true. No, I'm not going to college, and no I don't feel bad about it or regret it. It's not in me and after looking up classes and just staring at the screen for about 20 minutes, I realize I'm not meant for it. Or at least right now.

Why? Because I spent four years busting my arse to finish high school, almost committing math suicide, and yeah you get the idea. I really just don't feel like I'm in a rush to go back into a classroom. I have other goals, dreams, and ideas I'd like to do first. I think after being stepped on for so long, I deserve to go out and find something that makes ME truly happy and want to succeed in. I think I have somewhat of some talent and I don't really have anything holding me back, so why not go for it ya know?

I'm not saying I'm planning on bumming it everywhere, I'm actually going into beauty school. Yeah cliche, going on and say it, but I can look you right in the face and tell you I've NEVER changed my about that. You ask me about college? I'll probably play this or that all night with you over what I want to major in.

I just know that in my heart I'm meant to do other things and if that's how I want to live life, then so be it. I realize I don't live to please other people and to go after what it is I want and I shouldn't ever be afraid to reach for the stars.

More importantly it's a ticket out of here. I'm only moving three hours away, but it's a pretty good distance from LA which is great. No more traffic or crazy drivers, well not as much hopefully. I'm just glad I have my parents' support over this and thank god my dad is a beautician himself, so he'll be mentoring me. He's got the books which saves me money and that feels good.

I thought it was funny that even my best friend told me I don't seem like the college type. Which I agree, college isn't everyone, and I'm guess I'm one of them. Either way I have no regrets and like they say, you have only one life to live, so why not do something that's going to make me happy and hopefully lead up to something even better.

Why not take a chance?

Why not?
July 17th, 2012 at 02:18am