Getting over...YOU!

Hello everyone,

So today my friend called me and was balling. Now I figured she and her boyfriend either got in a fight or something else more dramatic. Turns out they broke up, so all day long I have been listening to her and how bad she feels and that made me want to write about some like tips that might help you or anyone going through a break up, whether your a boy or girl.

Although it seems this place has way more girls that guys...

Anyways, my friend has been dating her boyfriend for about ten and a half months, which is a decent amount of time for anyone that's 18. So being her friend I tried to comfort her and told her that she was going to be okay, because she will be!

Whenever anyone gets their heartbroken it hurts and it sucks! No one can deny that. We feel sad, hurt, confused, angry, and just everything is boiling inside of us. I've had my fair share of broken hearts and I know that when I get brokenhearted, I cry, mope, say mean things, keep everyone at a distance, and just rot in self pity. After doing a little growing up and trying to change my perspective on these things, I finally came up with a few things that help me.

The first thing I do after a break up is write about it, whether it's a story about it, or a letter to the person, or a letter to myself, I write and vent it all out. Being that this is a writing site, I'm quite positive most of us write about our broken hearts and that's a good way to vent.

Be like, Dear Whatever, I blah blah blah. Or write about how it happened or write about how you will be okay and will find someone to love you again. Because it is not the end, even if it feels like that.

The second thing I like to do is give myself a time limit to do my moping, pigging out, and being bitter. If you do that, you'll feel better towards the end. So for example you just broke up with a guy and you tell yourself, "I'm going to cry for one month only." Stick to it, that month give yourself time to heal. Don't not cry or spoil yourself, do it! Take care of yourself, but don't go over your time limit that you gave yourself.

The third thing I like to do is get rid of everything that reminds me of the person. However you feel is right and will make you feel better. Burn, tear it up, give it back to the person, bury it, do whatever you want. Anything that makes you feel better.

The fourth thing I like to do is go out with my friends, talk to them, tell them how you feel. One of them is bound to listen and give you a shoulder to cry on. But this falls back to your time limit. Don't keep ranting and raving after it's been the allotted time you gave yourself. But go have fun with your friends, go to the movies, go shopping, or just go play some sports. Do something productive.

The fifth thing is to take up a hobby or get a job. The more you can occupy your mind the less you will think about the person, so always try to be out there doing something rather than moping around at home feeling sorry for yourself. Many people have survived through broken hearts, you will too.

The sixth and final thing I like to do is tell myself over and over some sort of compliment. For example I tell myself, 'You look beautiful today" or "Your going to be alright today" or "This outfit looks awesome on me" the more you tell yourself positive things the better you will feel and soon realize you don't need that other person to make you look or feel good, because you can do it all on your own.

The most important thing though is to know you are going to be okay, so don't ever for one second think the world is over. You still have friends and family who care about you, there is always one person out there. And I am totally there for anyone with a broken heart who needs to vent, I am there, no questions asked. Feel free to message me whenever and I will get back to you ASAP.

Remember you are beautiful and there is someone out there for you. My heart goes out to anyone with a broken heart, so feel free to chat with me if you ever need too.

=D
July 17th, 2012 at 03:24am