Returning to Mibba 4 Years Later

I must admit, I cannot remember the last time I logged into my Mibba account. I swear it must have been in 2008 or something, since all of the comments on my profile are from then. Everything about Mibba has completely changed from the site I remember it, which has made me so confused. There's so many new features I want to dip my fingers in and try out but I don't know how. Just being on this site now has pumped me up to write something!

I'm not sure what I'll do first personally, other than this blog entry. I'd like to move some of my original and fan-fiction onto here but I don't know what the current population of Mibba will think about them. I mean, I'm a serious nerd about fandoms and such, I feel like what I have to write will bore people to sleep. Since I heard about the "Purge of FanFiction.net" I've been wondering where I should begin to write again. I'm not entirely certain, but I kinda like it here, now.

I've got some big ideas; first I'd like to get another column. I recall once having a column but I only wrote one article, which is now forever lost in the archives of Mibba, although I believe I deleted it before leaving. I don't know what it would be about but I have a few ideas. If anyone reads this, I figured I might list them and maybe I might get some feedback;

1. The first idea I have is to have a film-maker centric column, since I'm a film-maker and I can talk a lot about making films. So maybe I can provide some insider knowledge about the process. Maybe even inspire some Mibbians to write for film or something.

2. The second idea I have is to make a column reviewing all of the films I watch, which is very varied and such. But on that note, I sometimes don't even watch films for weeks, so if I did go with this idea, I feel like I would group it with the film-maker centric column.

3. My third idea was to make a column about modern fan fiction, it's communities, etc. I want to do some serious journalism about what a lot of us are here doing. I wanna ask the big questions about fan fiction and the trials of being a fan fiction writer as well as benefits. I imagine a number of fan fiction writers have gone on to publish original works. I wanna ask those people advice and I wanna inform the many. And possibly have advice for writing and such along with it.

4. My forth and last idea was to have a column where I write about my experiences trying to make this RPG game I've been thinking of. I think it might be interesting to chronicle all of the problems and such that I'll be facing. It might inspire some readers to make their own games maybe? And it would get me to stop procrastinating and work!

So that's all the ideas I have for columns. I'm actually wondering how many columns a person can have on Mibba now. I'll have to check after I finish this.

But well, it's nice to be back!
July 17th, 2012 at 04:27am