My novel, the one that's going to be published... some day.

It all started with a oneshot I wrote one day. I wanted one thing, but I ended up writing something else, something I feel like I have yet to top. But I only feel like that because I now have SO MUCH more for the story now. I have built a whole storyline, a whole novel, a whole world for this initial oneshot. And yes, the oneshot is posted here on Mibba. It's The Two Sides of Black Blood in the Dark, and some of you have probably already read it.

I tell anyone who's interested about my novel. I love talking about it. It just makes me want to write it even more! Talking about it just amps up my enthusiasm about it even more!

There is a very important person in my life that doesn't understand my writing, my fanfic obsession in particular. That person is my husband. But even though he doesn't get it, he supports my desire to write. Even more, he supports my desire to publish my book one day. My husband is an avid reader, and he frequently tells me I have the writing abilities to be published. (Well, he says that as often as he reads my different stories I write that he'll actually read since he doesn't read my "gay porn" as he calls it.)

Yes, my husband read "Black Blood," as I have nicknamed it. When he was done reading it, he just looked at me. I was sure he was just disgusted by the fact I wrote it. He finally said, "That was really good. Gay, but good." He went on to point out the different parts and writing techniques I used that he found well done.

My husband is the only person who knows everything about my novel. I bounce ideas off of him, and he helps me problem solve. He allows me to ramble on about it sometimes, as long as I don't start getting repetitive.

The other day was one of those days. I was struggling with a part of the story. In particular, I couldn't figure out how to build into the plot the media following the "Threesome Rapist." I know I want, and need, to have it in there, but I didn't want to follow it via the police. I know very little about how police investigations work, certainly not enough to write about it in my novel. I was telling my husband about it in casual conversation. My husband shocks me by mentioning part of the plot I hadn't mentioned in a few months (I was shocked he remember a couple of particular details.) and gave me a suggestion how to tie it all together. His idea was PERFECT! It was one of those "I wish I had thought of that!" ideas. But regardless of who came up with it, I now have all the major parts of my novel's plot line figured out. He found the right piece to finish my puzzle.

His idea doesn't come priceless though. There are chapters I have already written that will have to be edited or just trashed all together, chapters I spent a lot of time to write. But even given that, I feel fantastic about it! I KNOW this is the right thing to do!

I love my husband!! I appreciate the support he has given me through this really long writing process, and the support he is going to continue to give me! I can't express what it means to me that he doesn't judge me for writing a very graphic novel about a serial rapist suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder!

I might actually get this thing published eventually. I don't think I could do it without him. Actually, I know I couldn't.
July 18th, 2012 at 12:17am