My New Life

So for any one that knows me they know my love life hasn't been the best. I've been cheated on, left, abused, every thing you can think of. Over 8 months ago I met an amazing man who has made me a very happy girl. I went from feeling like used goods to the most amazing woman a person has ever laid eyes on before. We have had some struggles such as his ex girlfriend stalking both of us. It has been a challenge because no matter what we do she keeps on finding out information on us and contacting my boyfriend. I can happily say though that we now officially live together and we are looking at getting a house soon. c: I know I am only 21 but I am very happy that I am able to settle down with such an amazing and hard working man. I will tell you the main reason why I have decided to post this on here and not my regular blog... My boyfriend is a US Army Infantry man.

He was released from the military after his 4 years were up about a year ago so he is currently a reservists. A couple of months ago he had to show up on base for a meeting where they announced they were looking for a couple of guys to do another tour, this time in Africa rather than the Middle East. My boyfriend told the man that if they weren't able to get the guys to go that he would go. A few days ago my boyfriends parents called him letting him know a letter from a 1st sergeant has come in the mail. He told them to mail the letter up to our place asap. I hope to go that this isn't a deployment letter, it may be in a place that won't have a lot of action but he would still be gone for up to year. I know I shouldn't worry to much about him being gone since I was raised in a military family and my father was sometimes gone months at a time but I am still going to worry.

The only person I have told about the letter and possible deployment is my mother. I don't want to start talking about it to people and then find out it is nothing at all. I also don't think my boyfriend wants a bunch of random people know about his possible deployment as well. This is why I opted to write this down here, on mibba. I don't know anyone personally on this site so I feel that what he doesn't know about me expressing my worry wont hurt. Also since he doesn't know any one on this site and I don't as well I feel safer writing this down. I know no one will really read this but if you do please let me know. Also if you are a military wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend please let me know how you have dealt with deployment.
July 18th, 2012 at 11:54am