do you believe everything happens for a reason?

Hey remember me? eight letters late.? Marianna? No? Okay that's cool too. I felt like making a blog thing which is obvs why I am making one... Anyway before this gets any more stupidly annoying, I will get to the point! I want to know:

Do you think everything happens for a reason?

I honestly want to know what you think of this subject. Fate and all that. Is the universe our guiding hand, is it some type of god? Or are we on our own just doing things because we feel like doing them, not because they have a greater purpose?

What I think is that things don't happen for a reason. People do things. That's it. Things happen because things happen. People draw connections between events because that's just what people do. We're hopeful beings for the most part and everyone needs something to believe in, don't they?

I totally understand where religious people believe in a purposeful life and things like that, but I don't get people who believe "the universe" will help their life turn out okay. This one girl said to me the other day something like "the universe is working to make sure things happen the way they're supposed to". The universe???? And what exactly does that mean? Because I'm pretty sure Jupiter doesn't give a sh*t about your life.

I'm sorry. Was that rude? I bleeped it out.

So please, write a 3948752938475 word response to my question:

Do you think everything happens for a reason?

I'm curious to know.
July 20th, 2012 at 06:05am