Colorado Shooting

I needed something to vent to. So, here we go.

You probably all read/heard about the colorado theatre shooting that took place last night.

Sad. Terrifying. Heartbreaking.

When I woke up this morning and my dad told me this, I was shocked. It also scared the hell out of me. Then, I got on Twitter and read about it. More shocked.

I even came across a Twitter account of a boy who was THERE in the theatre next door. Poor boy is traumatized. His tweets broke my heart even more.

So, all day, I was pretty heartbroken by this. I'm all the way in a completley different state and I'm so sad. And it scares me. This can happen anywhere.

Then, I get on Facebook. I see one of my friends decided to post a little "joke".

I heard the new batman movie is to die for

Pissed me off. Like, how disrespectful! People lost lives! People are traumatized!

INNOCENT PEOPLE. The youngest involved was THREE MONTHS OLD.

Why would you think a joke like that is funny?

So, someone who had the same opinions as me commented, and then all my friend's friends commented defending him. And my friend made the statement "people die in Iraq everyday and nobody gets all worked up over it".

The soliders, god bless them, sign up to go there. They know there is a chance of dying. They are doing a duty for their country. HOWEVER, those people last night didn't sign up to be shot at. Innocent people wanted to go and enjoy a movie.

I knew we had heartless people in the world, but now my view is a little clearer.

My prayers go out to everyone involved in the shooting. Never take anything for granted.

Thank you for reading my rant.
July 21st, 2012 at 06:54am