Dream Journal #4

It's about 7:30, which I personally think is much too early to be awake on a Saturday morning, but I woke up and realized I remembered a very nonsensical dream, so I wanted to write it down straight away.

In the dream, I'm a stripper or a go-go dancer at a club. (Which straight away is wildly nonsensical because I have absolutely zero rhythm and am vurrrrrry uncomfortable being underdressed in public, never mind undressed.) I was talking to a manager or someone and said something that got me in trouble (I wish I could remember what!) so I had to dance in a cage. But it didn't look like an actual dancing cage (is that what you call that? it's 7:30 in the morning you know what I mean); it was made of aluminum mesh and hard to see through. I had to dance anyway.

Here's the super fun part: the club was owned by Teresa Guidice (from the Real Housewives of New Jersey and if I actually spelled her name correctly without checking and without being able to see the screen at 7:30 in the morning then I clearly know way, waaaay to much about the Real Housewives of New Jersey) and an Obama-impersonating couple (like one impersonating Barack and one impersonating Michelle).

They stopped the dancing to list off a bunch of rules, all of which were very sexist and heteronormative, and I started screaming as much from inside my cage. What I remember most clearly is Teresa saying in her Teresa voice "You should refer to each other as lovers!" and me shrieking "You can refer to your significant other however you want!" and fake Barack saying, "Well, ah, this is Michelle," and fake Michelle saying something stereotypically sassy, and I think I might've started yelling about that whole deal but I don't remember.

Oh my god this blog must be full of typos. I can only sort of see the screen because of course I don't have my contacts in, and for some reason I didn't even think to put my glasses on before sitting down at my computer. Oh wait I know the reason, it's that It's 7:30 in the morning on a Saturday. I have alerts and stuffs but I'm going back to bed until 9. Hope Mibba isn't on fire or anything.
July 21st, 2012 at 01:38pm