Youtube Comments

Has anybody randomly clicked on a song they like on Youtube and just read the comments the whole time? Maybe I'm the only one who does, but if you have, when did the comments become so rude? Maybe I'm the only one who actually cares about the music, but I would never post some of the comments I read, and that's saying something.

First off 'I hate [insert artist/band name here]. There music sucks.' is totally stupid to post. If you don't like them, then why are you listening to them. And all the dislikes on a video that is actually really good? Why are you disliking it? Because you don't like the artist or song? If you don't like it, don't listen too it! Its actually quiet simple people.

Secondly, if someone has bad grammar, don't attack them because of it. There are a lot of different reasons that someone might have bad grammar and you don't know which reason.

Third, don't attack each other! If someone posts 'I don't like this song' or 'I didn't like this song' or something about how the artist/band has changed, that is there opinion. Plus it may have been their first time hearing it and they didn't like it. I know I feel that way sometimes! You probably have the same feelings on some songs as well. So instead of all the cursing and dissing each other, just don't reply.

Finally, it's not about just getting a thumbs up or those stupid comments about how if you don't post something then you'll die. Comments should be about the music or artist/band. When it's a very important song to you, then mention that to. Personally I like reading the comments about how something has helped you get through a tough time in your life, or something happened. Don't just say 'If I get fifteen likes I'll sing this to my crush' or something else like that. That's not why the person posted the video and it has nothing to do with the song.

Okay, I'm done with my rant now. But seriously, if you get the chance, go to one of your favorite songs and just read some of the comments. You might be shocked at what they say.
July 23rd, 2012 at 09:25am