Players or Prince Charming

I'll be the first to admit, I honestly had a certain hatred for players. I mean the guys I grew up around who were players all annoyed me and disgusted me. They really didn't seem to care about who they hurt, or who they, well, played. It was all like a big game to them. See how many girls you can get to fall in love with, get with her, break her heart, and then move on.

When I was younger, these men disgusted me. I thought they were pigs. I guess I just didn't understand how guys could do that to people. At one point in time, when I was still all about fairy tales, I told my mom I wasn't going to settle for anyone other than Prince Charming. She laughed at me and said sometimes Prince Charming was just playing the field. I never really understood that until now.

Prince Charming doesn't have to be that guy who's never been with anyone else, never broken someone's heart, and never been in love before he met you. Sometimes Prince Charming turns out to be an ex-player. In fact, sometimes those guys we classify as 'players' can be the best Prince Charming out there.

I'm not saying that you should go out and find a self confessed player. I'm just saying that they can be better than those guys who fall in love with that first girl. Not that that's bad or anything. I guess what I'm saying might be a bit confusing. So let me put it this way. To me, a guy who chooses the first girl, it kind of seems like he's just settling for her. A guy who's been with lets say, five girls, knows what he wants and isn't going to settle for anything else. So when he finds that girl who's perfect for him, he will do anything to make sure he's just what she wants.

Maybe I'm looking to far into this, but I think a player can be Prince Charming. What do you guys think? Do you think there is no hope for them? Or do you think they can be 'the one'.
July 23rd, 2012 at 11:08pm