Hypocrisy and Weight

It's not uncommon for me to find mysef irritated by things. Hell I'm English, tutting and head shaking may as well be the national pastime, but tonight I'm annoyed even by my standards and while I'm aware this topic gets brought up a lot I need to vent before I can get any sleep.

I spent the day working on a charity fashion show, it was a fantastic day - fashion shows, dancers, contortionists and more. And one of the truly fantastic things about it was 'plus size' and 'regular' models walking the same catwalk, in the same collections and genuinely no one thinking twice about it, because why should we?
Everyonne looked amazing and the clothes were incredible.

Then I got home and looked at my facebook news feed, where I promptly came across the usual hypocritical bullshit calling thin women ugly and pretending Marilyn Monroe was plus size by modern standards.
Why is it that if you call a plus size woman fat/ugly you can be called out as for all intents and puposes the Antichrist, but you can bash thin women as much as you want? Do these people think that feelings are stored in fat or something?

I spent the day surrounded by beautiful plus size women. And beautiful thin women. And the 2 things they all had in common were health and confidence

I'm sick of people acting like I'm either ugly or that I should apologise because I'm thin.
Well guess what?
I can't fucking help it. Genetics made me this way and literally nothing will change it.
And no one has any right to try and make me feel bad about it just because some arsehole decided that it doesn't count as offensive if youre talking shit about thin girls.

And before anyone tries to use what's in magazines as an argument Cindy Crawford was once quoted as saying "Even I wish I looked like Cindy Crawford" - so it's not a realistic aspiration whatever size you are.
No one in the world looks like that.
July 24th, 2012 at 02:19am