A Rant about Music

So, what I wanna talk about is music. Everyone likes it, and everyone has different music stylings that they would prefer to listen to. Everyone has something to worry about though, always, and its the fact that you can never listen to what you want to without being labeled.

For example, if I listen to Falling In Reverse, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides, or My Chemical Romance, my brothers decide to criticize what my music preferences are, and call me gay. Even though I am girl, which also makes no sense. Of course, they have their double standard.

I also listen to Metallica, Pantera , The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Danzig, Queen and a lot of other bands that they like. They praise and worship me for that, but then they always have to bring back the point that what I listen to is considered to them "Shit". Well, I'm sick of it. I don't go around criticizing music all day long.

People have choices. I don't go around all day long criticizing Justin Bieber fans, or One Direction fans. They like what they like, so let them alone. You don't like it when someone talks shit about a band that saves you, well guess what? Those fans, some of them are feeling the same exact way about Bieber and 1D. It saved their lives, so why shouldn't you respect that? Even if you think the music has no meaning, STILL, you need to respect it.

The 'Punk' genre, I have gotten into it, and no one has said anything yet to me about it, so I'm thankful for that. All in honesty, every music type has some history with music. Although people say that, 'Modern bands will never compare with these bands', well for the people thinking that way, just think of this.

Back in the day, when Zeppelin was around, and was making it big and touring and what not, YOU, were at home, listening to their music, (Or if it presumably be a younger targeted audience reading this, imagine that you are, like I am). If any-one dare called them homosexual (other profane word usage was used, but this just seemed like the most unoffensive one to use), or close to anything insulting, you would beat the crap out of them, would you not? Now, lets bring it back to the modern generation with rock music.

You're sitting at home, listening to Falling In Reverse, and you absolutely love and respect the music they make. Someone comes around telling you their music is crap, and that you are gay for listening to it. You would do the same thing as the person in the first one did for Led Zeppelin, you would try to fight them to protect what you love.

There is no difference in anything with respect. No matter how much it kills you, you need to have respect for other musical artists and be open minded. I am. Now, go make everyone proud, and be a nicer person to people about the music they listen to. You could save a life by being nice!

~~~Syn-Vengeance~~~
July 24th, 2012 at 08:38am