july twenty-fourth, 2012.

This is going to be ramble-icious, I can tell!

It has been 32 degrees Celsius today. That. Is. Crazy. I live in Britain - I like being cold! I genuinely enjoy being a bit chilly and putting a jumper on. So, today, all I've done is look after my pets (this is the kitten's first summer and, naturally, they are a little annoyed by the heat). The dog loves to sit in the garden with me and be stroked and generally loved while I read a book, so that's pretty much what I did today. Sirius didn't eat a whole lot of food until it started to get cooler around seven p.m., and I actually wandered into my room to find him asleep in the shade of my bed earlier. It was painfully cute.

The other day, I nipped into a few charity shops with various DIY’s on my mind, but I didn’t do well at all. I wanted a hardback book, so I could cut out the centre, a fabric dye and a shirt to cut up. I bought a pink polka-dot shirt (which is actually nicer than I thought) and now I’m deliberating how to snip it. I was initially going to cut out an area just above my boobs, and leave the button line intact for a cut out effect, but now I’m not sure which style I want to cut. If it goes wrong, I’ll be salvaging the material, doing up a pair of shorts with it and making a detachable collar with the rest of the shirt. I didn’t mean to buy a book, but I found ‘Conspiracy in Death’ by J.D Robb. Robb is one of my favourite authors and the only one I have read after finding errors in her work. I’ve found a few – in this one, she gets her own character’s name wrong, but it’s kind of a guilty pleasure, so I circle and continue. I’ve nearly finished that one, and so far, it’s so good! It’s a medical-centred plotline, and I love cross-overs between crime and medicine more than anything. I did actually write a House, M.D fan-fiction a few years ago but I never finished it…maybe it’s time to work on it again!

Speaking of old work, someone recently paid me the massive compliment of asking when I would next update ‘The Girl With The Blue Eyes’. Okay. It’s really hard to update it, because I’ve been away from it for so long and I just haven’t thought about it a lot, but I’m working on it, so if you’re subscribed to that, stay tuned. If not, why not check out the Audrey Black/Edward Cullen fiction and catch us up?

Oh - mibba changed again, right? I mean, last time people went nut-so, but now they’ve got rid of the childish heading and changed up the layout again. Mibba, do please leave things alone! I ask because I’ve seen no comments, no articles…

Final word – thank you for all your support. I don’t know how long I’ve been on mibba, maybe 2 years posting? I’ve had so much feedback for A Better Man, especially, and I just thought I would thank you all for the love, backing and enthusiasm you’ve shown me. I am SO grateful to have readers like you behind me. When mibba crashed and A Better Man was removed, I totally thought about throwing in the towel. I updated the story again from my personal back-ups and I just thought, I can’t carry on with this site! But I’m glad I didn’t, because the people I’ve met and spoken to through the comments sections have been lovely, kind and always helpful.

For the past two years – thank you!

- Jas x
July 25th, 2012 at 12:04am