Apparently, I'm Just "Okay" Looking.

Oh, Mibba. I need a pick me up. I was just having a nice light-hearted time in the living room with my mom and sister watching Dance Moms (which is intense!), and my sister made a remark about my flat nose (because it's a bit flat at the tip) and inturn, I commented on her butt-chin. No big deal, we do that all the time because it's true. And somehow, that turned into my mom saying my sister is the pretty one and I'm just okay looking.

Yay. I'm okay! -.- I guess it just hurts because it seems I'm constantly being reminded that I'm not pretty. My mom also said a couple years ago that I was cute, but not pretty. So, I went from cute to okay. Awesome.

Am I throwing myself a pity party? Hell yes, but I think that it's a well-attended party. Lots of people feel this way.

And I don't have low self-esteem. My mom has even told me that she thinks I'm a little vain. Is that why she said I'm just okay? I know my strengths. I know when I do something right and well. I don't see that as vain, but rather just knowing what I'm good at. :/

What do you think Mibba? All I think is that this is just confirming my thoughts about my looks, which is that I'm not beautiful, which is okay. I guess. Beauty doesn't last. Besides, my sister isn't as smart as me. I'm the one with all A's anyway.

Well.

"You are beautiful, no matter what they say." :3
July 25th, 2012 at 06:38am