I'm Against Bandcest. (But I'm not a Homophobe.)

So as I was sitting around today on Mibba as usual, I saw a lot of slashes with men we all know are straight. Maybe that's why I can't get into them, because some of the couples in the stories are openly straight. Call me a realist but some of these just don't seem to make sense. I can see maybe where the Ferards come from, but seriously both men are married with children.

I just don't dig the idea of bandcest because to most bands it's like a brotherhood. I'm sorry if the offends anyone, it's not meant to. I like original slashes because they are different and interesting. It's just all the, Synster/Vengence, Gerard/Frank, Ricky/Chris and the Ronnie/Jacky...etc.

We all know that Ronnie Radke is as straight as they come, not to mention I'm sure his bandmates are like his family. So I just can't wrap my head around the whole thing, to me that would be like saying I was going to go gay for my best friend suddenly after spending so many years as a straight person.

I'm sure there have been cases in which that has taken place, but when you know a person is as straight as a line, it just doesn't make it very believable. Now it could be just me but a majority of the stories on Mibba are slash.

There's nothing wrong with that at all, but I like to read fan-fics with hetero-sexual relationships because for some reason those are the only ones I can get into. I know that sounds completely prejudice but I'm really not. I can honestly say in reality I love homosexual men and women.

It's just weird to see my musical idols go from straight to gay in a matter of minutes, yes I know it's fiction but as I said before it's hard to get into. Because I'm so used to them standing up to the people who have called them fags and homos because of the way they look and dress.

I feel in a way it's setting the artist/band back. As their fans we should support them no matter what their sexual preference is, and if they are straight we should respect that and defend them when someone tries to be tough by insulting their appearance.

It just seems like we're giving those assholes ammo to rip apart our beloved musicians, role models and saviors. Maybe it's a silly thing to rant about but does someone understand where I'm coming from?

I'm NOT asking for the cease of slashes I'm just putting my opinion out there. So please do not take this the wrong way. Those who write slashes I'm sure are extremely talented, I just wanted to voice my opinion on why I don't read them.

And I was hoping maybe someone feels the same?
July 29th, 2012 at 02:54am