Ranting About Important Things

My life has been pretty hectic and unbelievably weird these last few years and, needless to say, it has made it quite difficult for me to produce anything in terms of writing.

Often times I feel like I was born in the wrong era, I'm one of those people that still says 'I love you' and really means it, loyalty to someone is a virtue I hold in high regard, and being dedicated to someone in terms of years (not months) isn't weird.

However, my lifestyle as such has made me the subject to much scrutiny. Not only from my closest friends, but also my family. They all maintain this idea that I am crazy or insane on some level or another, and that mental help be provided for my own mental stability.

I've been in love with the same girl for nearly seven years now, and because of that my parents have pushed me to find psychiatric help as if being in love with someone is a mental disease. They are mystified by how I haven't 'tried to move on.' That's actually a huge lie, I have tried to move on, and it hasn't worked. Attempting to date other girls has simply led me to fall deeper in love with only girl who accepted me for who I was. Ridiculous circumstances and coincidences have prevented me from dating anyone else.

And with my belief system, there is no such thing as coincidences.

I feel like being judged for who you love for how long you love them is wrong. It is definitely different from my generation to be so dedicated to a single person, but it doesn't warrant the scrutiny and criticism of others.

Perhaps I'm wrong, I don't know. I just like to think I'm not.
July 29th, 2012 at 03:19pm