Dream 2 - Escape

I had a dream last night. I don’t know if it started earlier than I remember but here’s what I remember.

I was standing in the middle of a clearing the the forest, around me were six other beings, I say beings because they were not human, but I do not know what they were. I also knew that I wasn’t human but I at this stage I didn’t know what I was. As we were all standing there together waiting for what was coming next someone came out of the woods behind up carrying a rope.

“Take this, it will help you escape. Keep it tied around all of you and no one will be able to harm you or come close to you but if one of you leaves the confines of the rope you are at the mercy of anyone.” We all looked at each other and then the one standing closer to the man from the woods grabbed the rope and tied it around all of us lopping it through a piece of our clothing so we wouldn’t get free, then we ran. I knew at this point in my dream that the seven of us had done something really bad, from the memory of the dream I think we had tried to start a coup.

As we were running things were chasing us but they couldn’t get near us, they would be rebounded off and away from us, the rope really worked.

After running and sleeping in the middle of the woods all tied together for a few nights we came across a beautiful setting. There was a very large clearing in the woods where a river ran through and to the right there was a hill that someone had paved with stones to make step, but the steps were overgrown and it looked like it had been built hundreds of year ago. As the seven of us stood in awe at the rocks on the hill a tribe of very tall, largley built people with dark chocolate skin surrounded us. They looked on us with awe and some anger. One of them was standing very close to me, he was very handsome and very tall. We started talking, I don’t know what about or for how long but I began to trust and like him. He questioned my height because of what I was, he said I was taller than most of my people, I said I was a good height as my head touched the bottom of his chin, I was saying it was much better than if I only came up to his nipples.

“Yes so I can do this” and then he captured my face and kissed me. After that it was as if I forgot where I was, tied with my friends for safetly. I said something to the dark skined man about wanting to learn their language and then stepped out of the rope and around his people. The instant I realised what I had done I turned around fear glazine my eyes as I watching my friends run up the stone hill and his people run after them. I started running up the hill to try and save my friends from these dark skined sacages but I couldn’t. I saw the anger and hunger in their dark faces. I sat in the middle of the hill and anger grew inside of me at what I had done and that I had begin to trust these people through the acts of one of them. I screamed at the top of my lungs “You shall all be cursed, your land, your people, your children, your culture” and then I started murmuring a curse under my breath while the ones who started coming down the hill laughed at me.

When I had finished reciting the curse nothing happened at first and the tribe bellowed in laughter until I picked up on of the lose rocks and threw it to the land below, a moment after the rock hit the land everything started shaking and cracks started to appear in the land. The whole hill was also shaking and the rocks were falling away. I looked up at the top of the hill and saw that all the rocks had turned to piles of magazines and at the top of the hill was a large book slot like you would see in the library. I looked back down at the tribe that were scambling over the cracked earth, the one that I had kissed stood there looking up at me with pity and sorrow in his eyes. I felt sorry for him but more angry at what his people had done and what they had planned to do to me and my friends. I started scrambling up the magazines, some of them were very stable while others were tall piles that were swaying in the wind. I hit over some tall piles and saw that on either side of the magazine steps there were now torrents of water gushing down to the land and flooding the cracks. I scrabled as hard as I could up to the slot at the top, I could hear the chief of the tribe bellowing behind me “Get them!” I turned one last time and saw the man that I had kissed standing next to the chief “You get her, she is yours now” the chief shouted at the man. I gathered up all my effort and climbed the last few meters and then just managed to slide myself through the slot.

When I feel through the otherside it was not what I expected. I was in what looked like a lounge, there were couches and a coffee table. Two of my friends had made it through but now they looked like human children. I went straight to the side door and looked out noticing there was a concrete road a meter under where I was standing and nothing in better, but we weren’t moving. I looked back from the direction of the slot and there was nothing, when I looked forward all there was was a moving truck. Everything felt so calm and safe but when I was inside again I looked to where I had come through and the slot was still there and I just stood waiting for someone else to come through...
July 29th, 2012 at 10:18pm