RE: I'm Against Bandcest. (I'm not homophobe.)

This is my response for this blog I read yesterday. I felt like what I had to say would be to much in a comment. Plus I wanted to see what other people thought and maybe others have a similar take. 

Let's put this out there. I'm not against bandcest. In fact I've written one. I'm not exactly proud of it, but it's true. I wrote it when I was going through that particular writing phase. If I didn't lovelies that enjoyed it so much I would have deleted ages ago.

I write/read whatever I believe is interesting. I granted I don't go searching for bancest stories here on mibba but I don't avoid them. 

I read in the comments of the blog that many people don't enjoy bancest because they can't wrap their heads around their straight idols being in a homosexual relationship with other band memebers that are best friends, most of the time like brothers, in real life. I completely understand. 

But a way to do so is to think of the certain band members as original charaters. Atleast that's what I do sometimes. Also on a few occasions the stories have nothing to do with the band. Authors at times just use the famous band charaters to attract readers. 

Example: I read a bancest invovling the Asking Alexandria guys. Cameron worked at a rehab center that James gets checked into. Their relationship grows and the person to interfer is Danny if I remember correctly. I haven't read it a while but here's the link. It's quite a cute story and not chuckful of sex scenes like most slashes. or is it just mine?

I sometimes read stories that are fanfictions even if I don't like the band/person. Until very recently I didn't like Avenge Sevenfold but they have some of the best fanfictions here on mibba. Also I'm not a Ronnie Radke fan but I started a story about him and a girl (I know, so cliche'!) nearly two years ago when I was. I'm currently writing the 2nd sequel. The only way for me keep writing that story is to think of them as original charaters. 

One last example: I don't like Black Veil Brides but for some reason I had dream about Andy so I wrote a short story about my misadventures with him in hospital. I called it Andy B's General Hospital ;) 

So do any of you guys feel the same way?

Don't forget to

Subscribe? Comment! &Recommend.  

 
Also if anyone reading this would like to promote their latest stories/articles/blogs I'm bored so link them in your comment & I'll be sure read it & respond with feedback. I love to post long and thoughtful comments!

<3 Modern.Sunshine 
July 30th, 2012 at 02:33am