There's A Thin Line Between Opinion and Disrespect.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I constantly get people who like to make fun of music. (Motionless In White, Asking Alexandria, Chlesea Grin, Falling In Reverse...etc.) I however never make fun of rap or any other type of genre that they listen to. One because I am not like that and two because you can't say you love music if you constantly make fun of it.

My friend's boyfriend asked me if I cut myself because I and I quote "Listen to that music, that sounds like they're going to throw up." Now I understand everyone has their right to their opinion but asking me if I cut myself is stereotypical and rude.

I do not cut myself, but others that do should not be made fun of, some kids have troubled lives and because of that should not be made fun of. If anything they should get help or at least have someone to go to.

I'm getting extremely tired of people who feel they need to shove theiropinion down other peoples' throats. Everyone is different, some of us choose to be a little more dfferent and because of that we should be targets?

I've been standing up for kids who are different since I was little, and it just doesn't seem to change. People still bully kids for being who they are, and I just don't understand. What is there problem? Why are they all so mean?

I have never been bullied personally, but I have seen those and stood up for those who have been. I think it's ridiculous that in this day and age you have to defend your music. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Some just don't know where to draw the line, there is really no need to ask such rude questions or to stereotype people. Maybe it's just me but I'm seriously, fed up.
July 30th, 2012 at 05:17pm