Chick-fil-a

Let me start off by saying I'm very Christian. Also, I have an Uncle who is very gay. Therefore, to say I don't support their lifestyle would make me a hypocrite. As I've said in previous blogs, if you find love, I applaud you. Love is such a true thing and very hard to find, so if you find it in someone the same gender as you, go the hell ahead!

Now, I think everyone knows about the whole Chick-fil-a ordeal. I'm from Georgia, where Chick-fil-a was founded. It's a pretty big deal down there. Everyone goes there, we even study the Cathy family in school. Now, everyone's freaking because of what the current president had to say in answer to a question asked my a Christian magazine I believe. He said he supported the traditional family. Okay. And?

EVERYONE knows that the restaurant is a Christian based organization so why is this a big deal? What's the difference between now and then? I know gays who work there, and even now they don't understand what the big uproar is about. I'm sorry, but if you didn't have the common sense to just know that the Cathy's wouldn't support the gay/lesbian/bisexual then I don't even know what to tell you. That's why I don't see what this whole thing is about. The believed it then, and they still believe it now. I mean, I can count numerous times that I went out with a group of friends, some who are gay, to Chick-fil-a. They knew that it was a Christian based restaurant? You would assume that if they are a Christian organization that they would believe in what the bible says. Right? SO why is this just now being a big deal?

Now to everything going on facebook. My religion has been attacked numerous times on facebook in the past month and I'm getting pretty sick of it. I'm at the point where I just want to crawl in a hole. It's hurtful and unfair. I've never discriminated against anyone, ever. Yet, I'm being bashed because of...chicken? It's a sin to hate, so for me to hate people's sexuality would be completely stupid. I'm not saying I don't hate. We all have that annoying girl in our Bio class who smack her gum and tries to peak at your test answers.

I'm not bashing in any way or form, I'm just writing about my frustrations.
August 3rd, 2012 at 08:17pm