Feeling like a brand new person

Alright guys I have decided to turn my life around and leave the past behind.
I am currently reading "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" for the third time.
Yeah yeah, call me a nerd all you want, I embrace it.
Anyways, I have decided that I can no longer go on feeling worthless, useless, depressed, and spending my time and energy with, and on, people that dont deserve it.
I am trying my best to live by the 7 habits. I have written down my mission statement, and new one because I already had one from last year, and my goals. I am trying to be as positive as I possibly can and improve my self image and my self esteem.
Now as I am trying to do all this great positive stuff one of my goals is to work out 3 times a week. So today I decided to go for a run. I got dressed, tied my laces, blasted my music, and I was off. It was a bit difficult because I need to rebuild my stamina but I was feeling amazing. Now on my running route there is a pretty big hill. I had stopped and was walking as I came up to the hill and I said to myself "I am going to run all the way up this hill" but then I doubted myself. I thought I was too tired, didnt have the strength, my stamina wasnt good enough. Then I said to hell with it and began to run. And you know what? I ran up that hill and I felt freaking amazing!
It was the best feeling of pride and joy when I got home and sat down on the floor, with a tall glass of ice water, to stretch. I felt like a million bucks even though I was extremely sweaty and my hair was a mess and I was panting.
I have begun to realize that I have changed a lot so far this summer. My whole attitude towards life is in the process of a 180 and Im feeling great about it.
I worked through all the emotions and drama from last year and now im ready to start over and be the person I know I am.
Im feeling all brand new and amazing guys. I really think Im going to do it this time.
August 6th, 2012 at 03:14am