Neighbor's Cute Grandson. (:

Some of you are probably thinking I'm talking about some cute boy who's my age, but really, I'm talking about a five year old boy who is so sweet my heart melted. (:

His name is Charlie.

I met him today when my sister brought him, his brother, and his sister to come see our pets.

We ended up playing Just Dance and Kinect Adventures on the Xbox.

When we were playing he was sitting on the floor in front of me (I was on my chair) and when I walk back over to the chair with some rootbeer, he looks up to me and asks:

Charlie: "What are those?"

"They're called lip rings. They're like ear rings but on my lip."

Charlie turned to my sister and goes, "She has them to be pretty." Then he turned and smiled at me. "I think she is." He added.

And I couldn't help but AWWW and give him a hug.

Then, we put a movie in a little bit later and he curls up to me on the chair. He climbs down, covers me up, gets back up. The blanket fell off my feet so he got down and covered them back up. Another minute later he checked to see if they were still covered so I told him that they were. And all of a sudden, he turns to me, completely seriously, and says, "You would tell me if they weren't, right?"

Now I'm certain that he's the sweetest child I've ever met.

But it gets better.

His brother and sister had just gone out of the front door and his grandma (my neighbor) is coming to the back door, so I tell Charlie. He climbs off of the chair and I follow him so that I can help him down the large stairs.

He and his grandma (she's just a little older than my mom) and he runs off to play. A minute later my mom looks out the window and tells me that he's coming back to the back door so I go and open it.

"I just have to tell her something!" he yells across the yard.

"Hey, Charlie, did you forget something?" I asked, leaning down because our house is high off of the ground.

"No, I have to tell you something." He motions for me to lean down even farther so that he can whisper into my ear.

"Okay, what is it?" I ask.

He grins and whispers, "I love you!"

And I just hugged him and told him I love him too! Just because I just met this child doesn't mean I can't love him. He's so easy to love. I love all children, anyways. But Charlie is such a sweet heart and he's witnessed so much in his life that no little child should have to.

I'll see him again tomorrow, but after that I hope he comes to visit again soon. (:
August 6th, 2012 at 03:31am