Stressful Summer.

I thought I'd write a blog about how productive and super fantastic these Summer holidays are being for me. How sarcastic I'm being there! There is almost 4 weeks to go and I'm really feeling the pinch of the ressesion so getting out and about and enjoying my time off is proving very difficult.

First of all, coming back to live with my parents for a few weeks has been quite strange after so long of fending for myself. Its awkward because you don't know whether you're a guest or a resident anymore. Its not a very nice feeling.

My Mum has taken seriously ill too. Its shook the whole family as we lost my Uncle at the beginning of the year, I think my extended family were terrified of losing her too. It has made me realise than my Dad really can't look after himself and that my Mum really does everything for him. I was horrified to hear him say that he wont have to do any of this work when shes better (which shes getting there). The fact is that what she has will never be cured so sometimes, she'll be really ill and my Dad will have no choice but to start pulling his weight. Don't even get me started on how unhelpful my older Brother has been. realising these flaws in my family has been a bit heartbreaking and I worry about how they're going to cope when I move back to South Wales.

Whilst this has been going on, I've had problems-a-plenty coming at me from my housemates in South Wales. Promblems Include rent that I've had to scrape out of my savings to pay for because I've found it really hard to get shifts at work. There has been problems with one of my housemates being really inconsiderate to the other members of the house and of course all of the complaints get landed on me. The same housemate has been caught doing something that we suspect is probably illegal but the person who caught him will not go to the police about it and we're all worried that he is potentially dangerous. That has been a bit horrible.

On top of all this, my band didn't get through the first heat of our local battle of the bands. It doesn't sound like something to be upset over but when you're studying music at University level in hopes of making a career as a musician, failing at something like this really hurts. However, I have managed to get through to the final as an acoustic act so I'm working hard to claim the top prize.

I guess thats all I have to moan about right now.

Until next time I feel like writing..

ciao!
August 6th, 2012 at 02:45pm