An Update On: A Note From A Dead Man.

I thought I'd tell you about A Note From A Dead Man. Since apparently it's very good. Or so I've been told by you lot.

Before I started writing this book I had written two before it. Yep. Actual books.

I started writing when I was about 10. The story was called Mildred and The Alley-Cats. It was a story about two cats (both of which I owned) called Mildred and George (real cats) who were twins. And suddenly George went missing and so Mildred went off to find him. Leaving her family and Mother behind. She came across a group of cats called The Alley-Cats (the other members of my cats at the time) who promised to help her find George. It took three years.

I was on the last chapter, decided it was too childish and that I hated it. That was the end of that book. Apparently talking cats is not my forte. (Drat)

The second I won't go into much detail about. But this book is what created Ashton who has appeared in a couple of my stories before now. The second book was going to be the first of a Saga. I was 5 chapters away from finishing and decided to hand in my idea for the Last Chapter in for my Original Writing.

I wish I hadn't.

My English Teacher ripped into it. Telling me that it was basically just a rip off from Twilight. But it wasn't. There weren't any humans involved. The main relationship was between a Vampire and a female Werewolf who hated each other. But there were all sorts of mythical creatures added in there. She also didn't appreciate my graphic killing scene and made me cut it out. Either way I walked away with a B on that project and my confidence was shot.

So that's gone.

But now I have A Note From A Dead Man. This may or may not ever be finished (I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to my writing). This is my actual book which, I hope, will be published if I'm happy with it. Which means if I find out any of you have stolen it there will be hell to pay. *smiles sweetly*

This story is going to be the first in a Trilogy. The first following the current hero (since you don't know his name yet I won't tell you). The second following Ellen, who we meet in the first book. The third following Ashton, who you will meet in the second book. I decided Ashton was too good to get rid of completely so I've modified his character from the second book I had attempted and now he's going to be coming back eventually.

A Note From A Dead Man isn't the books actual title. In fact, I haven't decided on that yet. But since the site requires a title before you can put the story up, I had to pick it. Even now I can't think of one, but it will come to me eventually. This book is already giving me problems, I'm not 100% happy with Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 (4 yet to be broadcasted on here... It's in editing) but I can't decide what I've done wrong. So my beloved editor Amy is currently going over it.

This may just become another thing I thought I could do but decided I hate it. It may not. But I'll keep trying to update it whenever I can.

I thank all of those who have read, subscribed and recommended it. It is because of you this is still going. It is because of you that I write. And I hope you do continue.

Have fun and always remember:

WHEN IN DOUBT TRY SAYING IT IN LATIN! (cause Latin's just too cool to be a dead language)

See ya around kids. ;) -Emily. x
August 8th, 2012 at 04:48pm