It's a One Direction Uprising on Mibba.

I couldn't help but get a little flustered today, why? Because I can't find a story that doesn't have one of the European boys from One Direction in it. Personally I've heard only bits and pieces of the groups songs. Call me old but my boy band days were spent with *N'SYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

Even now that I'm older I still have those guys on my ipod and I give them a good listen every once in a while. But I'm getting a little annoyed that when I'm searching through stories all I can find is One Direction. Now, I'm sure they're lovely guys and I'm just old and out of my boy band days though I have a soft spot for Big Time Rush. But can't Mibba like switch it up a little bit? Just enough so I'm not pulling my hair out?

Maybe the people that are joining Mibba are a lot younger than me, and have different tastes in music (Obviously) and that's fine I'm not here to judge the authors or readers of those stories. I'm aggravated with the lack of categories I guess.

It could also be that I'm not attarcted to these boys in the least way, even though I'm sure they're older than me they remind me of my younger brother and that's a huge turn off, so that could also be why I'm frustrated with all the 1D fan-fics.

There's nothing wrong with those who do enjoy their genre of music because let's not lie here we all liked a boy band once in our lives, hell like I said I'm still a proud *N'SYNC fan but could we try to at least switch it up a little?

I know Mibba's story page is organized by how and when a certain story is updated but can't there be something thaqt maybe mixes up the recently updated stories????

Sorry for the rant guys, as always this wasn't meant to offend those who like or listen to One Direction it was just my way venting.

P.S-If anyone has a good story (That isn't a slash, if you've read my other blog you understand) that features any of theses bands post the link in a comment or on my profile page, I'll gladly read it. So here's the bands: Motionless in White, Asking Alexandria, Chelsea Grin, Pierece the Veil, Falling in Reverse, Alesana, Escape the Fate or any bands along those lines.

I also read original fiction too! So if you have a story you're proud of I'll read that to! =D
August 8th, 2012 at 10:47pm