holla for a dolla ~ (Helena's top 10 summer movie list)

I've never posted a blog before (eeeeeee) but anyway HI GUYS.

Right now, for the first time since late May, the sun is shining here, but I have no books to read outside, and the heat makes me feel like I'm one of those people who live in the jails of Africa.
There is nothing really to blog about because all I've been doing for the past few days is waking up, watching one or two movies and falling asleep again. But I've decided to compile a list of all the best movies I've watched since the day I got summer holidays, and maybe when you guys are bored/in need of writing inspiration, you can watch one. By the way, this isn't in order because if I did that my heart would break:

10. Beetlejuice
This movie is perfect to watch on a rainy day because it's cute, funny and it's not a particularly scary movie.

9. The Sandlot
I went through a 90s movies phase about three weeks ago, and this one was the cutest thing ever. If you ever wanted a typical American childhood (don't lie, we all did), then watch this.

8. 10 Things I Hate About You
This movie is another one of those 90s ones (lyk if Ur a tr00 90s kid!!!). Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Heath Ledger are in it, and they make it 39693 times better. And I found enjoyment in hating everything about Bianca.

7. Fight Club
Need I say any more?

6. Trainspotting
I read the book a few months ago, and I only found out that there was a movie the other day. Basically it's about all these druggies in Edinburgh and their lives etc. It's a really good movie to watch if you feel bad about your life, because remember kids, if you feel down the best cure is to laugh at the hilarious lives of the unfortunate.

5. Shaun of the Dead
This is actually the most hilarious "horror" movie I've EVER seen. The fact that it's set in England makes it even better and just the whole more is perfect.

4. The Good Girl
This is about this woman who's sick of her boring life and her crap job, but then this kid starts working at the same store as her, and yeah Jake Gyllenhaal is hot the end.

3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
It's basically one of those romance movies, except they both had a huge row and they decide to erase eachother from their memories.

2. The Butterfly Effect
This movie, oh my god, the amount of tears that would have been everywhere if my parents didn't decide to come home and interrupt me right at the ending. This is such a beautiful movie, I'm not even going to get into it. JUST WATCH IT OKAY.

1. Submarine
I've seen this many times before the summer, but this is one of my all time favourite movies. It's set in Swansea (I know everyone here loves Wales ;----)) and it's about this awkward boy called Oliver Tate. His bedroom, house, location is so gorgeous and I am infinitely jealous. Also every single one of my friends who have seen this constantly tell me how much I am like him (thnx guys). But yeah, if you're going to watch any one of these movies WATCH THIS ONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

There really was no point in this blog. Oh well #yolo (except not really because that phrase sucks). xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx luv yih 4 lif xxxxxxxx
August 9th, 2012 at 04:34pm