Is this a form of betrayal I see?

I'm not exactly sure why it hurts so much still even though it's been two days.

So two days ago, the night from hell happened. That night I was sitting on the couch, watching TV and my brother came into the living. Now that night he had friends over and they decided they wanted to go to Mcdonalds. I asked politely if he could get me a shake and he flipped at me but I was used to that so I just sat back. Him and his friends went out to his car and I'm guessing he forgot his wallet so he ran back in. As he was running back out a commercial for an upcoming show called "The New Normal" came on and he just had to make a snide remark. He asked,"Isn't that the show about the two fags?" I'm used to him saying shit like that but it still managed to piss me off, so I retorted back,"The two cigarettes?" So him being him, looked at me with a smirk and then started firing out derogatory slang terms about homosexuals/gays (whatever you're comfortable with) and something just snapped inside of me. I was off the couch and into my room, balling my eyes out. I guess I just couldn't see how someone could be that insensitive, especially seeing as their sister (ME) is not straight and was sitting right there as he spewed that out. I know that everyone is not pro-gay or anything like that but still, how could someone stand there and spew that stuff out. I spent at least a good hour trying to calm down, now I'm not trying to make people feel bad for me or form a lynch mob against my brother, but I decided to kind of use this to get stuff off my chest. Now this night didn't completely destroy me, in a way it helped me. It made me realize other things, personal things. But as I stated, he openly and quite rudely bashed homosexuals/gays in front of his openly non-straight and LGBTQ supporting sister and he didn't feel a form of remorse and he tried to make me seem like an ass by saying anything to defend my point of view. I don't expect sympathy just view points on the issue.
August 13th, 2012 at 08:41am