What happened to all the old romance?

What happened to:
all the old romance?
taking it slow?
all the gentlemen?
love letters?
calling just to hear their voice?
long walks in the park?
walking along the beach at sunset?
opening doors for the women?
the simple sweet kisses?
love poems?
telling a girl she’s beautiful?
carrying her bags for her?
stroking her hair as she sleeps next to you?
playing with her hair when she’s looking at you?
sharing memories?
taking thousands of pictures together or of each other?

The love of one being returned is special. Finding that person that is suppose to be with you and finding a note from them. Just telling about their day and what they’re thinking or doing something to surprise the other. Lying in each other’s arms and listening to their heart beat, giving small gifts to each other from the coin machines. Holding each other when they have to leave like it’s the last time they’ll see each other. Looking in her eyes and seeing them shine. Moving those strands of her hair out of her face, to behind her ear. Caressing her cheeks and leaning in to kiss her. Telling her that you’ll wait for when she is ready and you won’t force her or rush her.

We have forgotten, what is important. We have forgotten how to show kindness and love without the usual sex. Our generation has not been taught how to show love without sex. Because our parents never taught us as theirs never taught them. But we see all these old couples together and you can see that they love each other by the way they smile, the way he kisses her cheek and she laughs. By the way they hold each other. To grow old with someone you love, shows others it’s possible to love someone for a long time.
August 15th, 2012 at 06:14pm