...Again, fanfiction help and a few questions. Please answer!

Because I didn't really get any answers on my last blog about this:

Does anyone happen to have read or written a Motionless in White fanfiction that is NOT a slash or high school romance sort of deal? Because I'm madly in love with one that features Of Mice & Men ("Don't Stare, it's Rude") but I can't seem to find any others that aren't slash or a completely different situation. Like either TJ is still in there meaning Ghost (Devin) ISN'T, it's a weird high school sort of deal, it solely focuses on one of the band members and disregards the others, OR it's a slash.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough or I'm just too picky. But regardless if anyone has read any or written any that aren't slash or high school-y, drop the link please. Even if it's not on Mibba. I really don't know of any fanfiction websites.

-

I'm contemplating making a fanfic, myself. Except I never have and I'm worried it'll end up shitty. I need to get a basic plot set up first, which is the hardest.

How do you write fanfics? I'm not asking for a step-by-step thing; I mean, when you're going to write a fanfic, how do you go about it?
Do you just start typing away and write whatever comes to mind, or do you make an outline?
Is there any specific outline you follow/what is it?

I'm just looking for any sort of help. I really, really want to write but I have no idea how to start. Even my original fics are usually very short and almost mindless. I write what I think, but in story form. There's never a plot to it because there's never more than one "chapter." And I don't want to write an original fiction. I want specifically to write a Motionless in White one.

I've been listening to a lot of my more "motivational" songs, the ones that "inspire" me, but there's nothing coming to mind.

Any advice would be much appreciated, and any answers to that bunch of questions! Thanks.

Also, this is more of an opinion but do you like when authors leave a Polyvore link at the end? If they describe the clothing and then just leave a link at the end, just because? I like it because I have trouble visualizing things, which in turn makes it extremely difficult for me to describe things. I'll probably use it for both my benefit and the reader's.
August 16th, 2012 at 12:40am