Lonelyness Part 2

Another thing I've been thinking about, is if I can tell the difference between a good friendship, and love and if I even have the mindset, and the quirks to have a girlfriend.. And I question that acquisition based off of a few events:
I am a band geek firstoff. I am a Timpanist/percussionist and play the timps quite swell. With that out of the way, onwards with the stories. The first case was in high school, the central drama hub for teens haha. In my junior year, I had met up with 2 freshman girls in band. One was a flute player, and the other a bass clarinet player. And I forget how I got to be good friends with them, but I seemed to have a small crush on the clarinet player. After a couple of months of school and hanging out with them at lunch time in the band room, since it seems that is the place where the band geeks eat no matter what school you go to, the flute player pulls me aside and tells me that the clarinet player liked me. That struck me as a shocker, cause I have never been told if a girl likes me or not. So seeing as I had a crush on her, and the apparently she liked me too, I thought I would ask her out after school that day. I bought a rose from the ASB store and stored it in my jacket for hiding until I asked her. The flute player knew I was gonna ask, so she was waiting for me at the band room where there was tons of people waiting in line for something, among which was the clarinet player. I couldn't wait, I went up said hiya, she said hi back, but obviously she was preoccupied with whatever she was waiting in line for. I told her I wanted to tell her something, and she asked if it could wait until she got what she came for. I was about to oblige, but the flute player kinda nudged me as a 'No, ask now' hint. So I pulled out the rose, and asked if she would go out with me. She distractedly looked at the rose, looked at me, thought really quick and said, I'll think about it." I knew right away that was a no. So with that, I left. The flute player and I hung out still, but the clarinet player did join like she used to. With that event the small trio we had made broke up. She and the flute player still hung out, but it seemed whenever I would come over, she would occupy herself with something, or someone else nearby.
It is the combination of this, and more recent friendships and events makes me question myself if I can't tell the difference between a good friendship and love. Again, just to have this whole story readable, I will continue the next part in a separate blog tomorrow night.

Till then,
Cheers!
-Nathan
August 16th, 2012 at 06:48am