Love Knows No Bounds

There are people out there who think that when you're young, you can't fall in love. I'm here to prove them wrong from my own experience with it.

I was about 11 when I joined this online game called Naruto-Arena (N-A) for my two guy friends, who are brothers. I went onto the forums they ran, and I came across this chatbox site called xat - and that's where it started. I ended up talking to this guy named Thomas - whose name on there was Momo - and of course being young, I fell hard and I fell fast for him. He was sweet to me, and he always called me "love". We became really really good friends, and I fell more in love with him every day I talked to him. I'd call him on the phone, play on xbox live with him sometimes, and text him if I wasn't online. Well, one day [back in 2010], we were role playing and we ended up "cybering" [if you can even call it that; there were no pictures or anything].

He made me promise I wouldn't tell anyone if we did, but I forgot to tell him that I made an original promise to my two best friends at the time - I promised I would tell them everything. After we did everything, I told my best friends a few days later. What I didn't know at the time was that Jessica [my ex best friend now] had a big mouth, and that Izzy [my current best friend] was loyal.

Jessica went and told Zack and Orazio [the brothers from before] what I did, but I think the most fucked up thing she did was go and ask Momo about it. She then sat there and told me it was Izzy, and I knew Jessica longer, so I believed her. Of course Momo denied it ever happening as well, and I didn't know Jessica did that at the time. So one day I came home from school [4/20/10], excited to talk to him and flirt, thinking that he really must love me too. When I got home and messaged him, he said he didn't want to talk to me and he was ending our friendship. I kept asking why, and he kept saying I "broke his trust" and a whole bunch of other crap, and I ended up crying while I was sitting there trying to keep him from leaving. My dad walked by and asked if I was okay, but he didn't say anything else when I nodded and said yes.

We ended our friendship, and when he did that I didn't really want to eat anything. I remember that whole week I'd wake up at 3am, crying, and I couldn't listen to songs that reminded me of him or I'd burst into tears. I was so upset that I even faked my own suicide on the chat box - which everyone else was in on, except him - and I also wrote songs, poems, and stories about him to try to stop being so upset. I had thoughts of suicide, and I never wanted to do anything - I'd always hide in my room [which I was kind of doing anyway, but it got worse]. I tried for 10 months to be his friend again, and try to rebuild our friendship. 10 months.

On 2/20/11, we finally became friends again - but nothing was the same. We still didn't talk to each other much. I tried several times to break off our friendship, and he'd always guilt trip me into apologizing and staying with him - but the second I did something wrong for the first time, he broke it off and I couldn't do anything about it.

I was 13 at the time, and he was 19 - he should have known better than to manipulate me. I was still really too young to fully understand what was going on. Yes, to most that sounds too young to fall in love, but after that can you really say that people can't fall in love at any age? It hurt so much to even think about him, talk about him, hear his name - even now when someone calls me "love" I get pissed off and reminded of him. Don't judge someone's life until you've walked in their shoes - that's the lesson from this story that I can really give out.
August 16th, 2012 at 11:58am