About a Year Ago..

About a year ago I posted a blog entry named, "If You Really Knew Me...",looking back and reading it now I remember how scared I was, not knowing what was going to happen to me. Its been over a year now, and I'm doing just fine. I've risen above the doctor's expectations of me and made new records with the things that I have done since that day. Less than a year after the accident I went white water rafting, granted the water level wasn't that high, but I still would have gone. A few weeks after that, I went to the Darien Lake Amusement park, right outside Batavia, New York, now don't think that I just road all the rides; I didn't. I'm not dumb. I road a few and most of the water rides, and it was fun knowing that I could go do the same things as the 'normal' kids. I am going to my county fair this weekend; I can ride all the rides but two, that go upside down, and I will ride them. Next week I am going back to Darien with my family, I moved out so this is a big deal to me, I'm super excited to watch everyone ride the rides I can't and while I sit and talk with my momma. Don't get me wrong this past year has been hard; one of the hardest years of my life. At the beginning of the school year I felt as if I was always being out cast as the weird girl with the back brace on, it looked like I was steeling a baby surf board. It was hard watching my friends do things that I couldn't do. I still managed to try and live my life. I got closer with some people, and drifted away from other who just couldn't take it. My best friends then were Alisha, Zach, Becca, Jennifer, Cari and Etta. And as the story goes, people change. My Best friends slowly shifted into(After I got my brace off and could get out more), Alisha, Zach, Becca, Cari, Kristin, Heather, Mitchell, Jake, Caleb, Alex, Ryan. I knew that after I graduated things were going to change, but I had no idea that things would change this much. People that I felt like have been there for a very long time decided to just end everything, and with how they decided to do things, I'm damn glad I'm no longer friends with them. While others and I tried to keep in touch, but there's only so much you can do after moving and hour and a half away. I'm content with the friends that I have now, and I hope that when I start school two and a half weeks, I will meet more amazing friends. My friends list as of now is, Alisha, Cari, Kristin, Heather, Jennifer, Mitchell, Caleb, Jon, Alyssa. The people who have stayed mean the world to me, my heart is still broken when I think of losing my BEST friend over something his family said I did. Also, right before graduation, we lost one of our class mates, Ashlea, she fought so hard, but cancer won again, it was one of the hardest things us as a class have ever had to go through. Its over now, and I can't go back, I can only wish for things to be better in the future. My birthday is tomorrow and I'm going to be 18. I just got a new car, and my life with my roommates (Cari&Alyssa) couldn't get better. This is my life now, and I'm damn proud of it.
August 16th, 2012 at 07:22pm