Someone's got to have a parent like this other then me.

Does anyone have a parent that just get's on your nerves after the slightest thing?

I mean once upon a time I had a good relationship with my father. Before he loathed my boyfriend for no reason and refuses to let him into my house and expresses how much he doesn't like me going over to his.

Normally I'm used to the dislike, I mean yeah one to like four months if they haven't met him I'd understand, you want a face to a name and if he's a bit of an ass yeah I can see that but Connor is like the sweetest person ever. I mean that, he's super nice, he's never been rude to my parents but my dad hates him. Hates him and it's starting to strain my relationship with him.

Again that's the first step.

Then it's the fact that my dad is a baby when it comes to illnesses and I mean that.

Fourish months ago my dad get's some illness called C-Dif. or something and he was in the hospital for a day and the doctors told him for the next 6-12 months your immune system will be down so if you have a cough/sore throat for more then three days come see us and we'll give you an antibiotic so you don't get sicker

So about a month ago he has this cough, and is complaining about a sore throat. Does he go see the doctor?

No.

Instead he puts it off for two weeks, calls in sick to work and my mom had to force him to go to emerg.

Well he had pneumonia, in both lungs. Then proceeded to lie to the doctor when they asked about him smoking and now is lying on the couch asking me to do this and that for him. Um no. If you can drive out to the cabin and survivable for a week by yourself with pneumonia you can make yourself a cup of tea.

Then he bitched at me because of my "poor planning skills" yesterday after he announced that on the 25th we'll be hosting a surprise party for my mom at the lake (her birthday is actually the 24th) and I told him we couldn't because I was going to Connor's dad's wedding. Then he got mad because they think that I "expect them to cart me around whenever I want."

Which wouldn't happen, had they got me driver's training for my birthday when I asked for it, so that I can drive without them. Then today he books a doctors appointment for the 24th and I'm like really I have planning problems, gimme a break.
August 16th, 2012 at 11:14pm