A Bear Almost Ate Me

I love going for walks and bike rides. During the summer though it gets so hot that I usually don’t go as often. I can stand the heat but I have an allergy to the sun that gives me a weird rash type thing and it makes my hands swell. My purity ring once got stuck on my finger this way during the summer when I was taking a walk and I had to use butter to slide it off.

My two younger sisters (they’re sixteen and fourteen) said they were going for a bike ride so I quickly jumped on the opportunity to go. Well, I just almost got eaten by a bear. No lie. It was in someone’s yard. It was walking towards us and at first I thought it was a dog. I thought it couldn’t possibly be a bear. It was a smaller black bear and I could barely believe it. I was so confused and scared. Then it started to walk faster towards us once it noticed us and we all froze. I started to back up slowly since I was behind my sisters and was going to get help from the people I saw around the corner. One of my sisters was crying. I have never seen a bear before and wasn’t expecting it at all. I had no idea what to do. Luckily, this guy came out and started yelling at the bear “Get out of here!” and it ran away. Thank God. I think I had a heart attack. We got home as fast as we could. It’s safe to say I won’t be going on any bike rides any time soon.
August 17th, 2012 at 02:47am