Those annoying great big puddles of water that I sometimes fall into

Well hello there again! I figured that since I’d already written two of these … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingys that I might as well try and figure out just what the heck they are, and if they have a word that is shorter than an … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy. Of course (I really do suggest you read these in order because I do tend to reference the previous ones) if whatever this is is anything like love and it’s meaning, it has no simple and sweet and short and easy explanation and therefore the rest of this … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy is by it’s own definition doomed to failure before it’s own start. None-the-less, I plod on. After plodding for about three minutes I fall into a bog and now I’m horribly wet and uncomfortable and probably smelling quite offensive. None-the-less, with my wet smelly socks and all, I continue on.
Now this … um … article /rant/ crazy monologue thingy is technically called, as my friend who shall not be named for her privacy tells me, a blog. It is not, as my friend who shall not be named for her privacy reassures me, a bog. A bog is a rather large and deep puddle of obnoxiously smelly but not unusually wet water that, in my normal location of Minnesota, tends to develop a layer of ice over it that seems content to make you think the surface your standing on is quite stable, and then with no warning drop you down through itself and into the underlying bog after about three minutes of content standing. A bog, in a nutshell, is an extremely compressed volume of smelly water. A bog’s definition, in a shortened way that could fit into a nutshell, is not pleasant.
A blog on the other hand, as my friend who shall not be named for her privacy tells me, is a shorter term for my … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingys. It’s a form of something pertaining to the Internet where I can freely voice my ideas and opinions in as confusing a way as I desire in a somewhat desperate attempt to evoke humor in the sorry poor souls who happen to stumble upon my entries. Anyways, since (as anyone who knows me in person to any extent can surely reassure you) I spend a significant amount of my time (regardless of whether I can afford it or not) talking to my bedroom wall and then hearing an answer that no one else around me can seem to pick up, I decided that this may be a good outlet for me that may have my parents thinking I’m a bit more normal. And so, I’m determined to use this as an outlet for as long as I can, and recently it’s become rather an obsession for me, which has me feeling rather good and hopeful for it. If you know me really well then you know that I typically have three to five obsessions at any given time. One is typically a sport, then three are random subjects or activities that I find really cool at the given time.
You may have noticed that one plus three makes four and not five. I also have noticed this, but for reasons I’m not going to explain (but which the iconic dinosaur shall probably note and make fun of me for) I’m going to blatantly ignore that I didn’t mention the last obsession.
Anyways, I hope to keep this strange ranting ongoing and as humorous as possible, if it stops being so, then feel free to stop reading or listening or banging your head against your keyboard at anytime.
Until next time, that crazy man who you assure people you don’t know.
August 18th, 2012 at 12:01am