18 - something I miss

So, I thought about this for a long time because really...there isn't much I miss. I mean, I'm trying not to dwell on the past too much these days and to be honest I'm really fucking happy right now, so. I guess I could say something like, "I miss how simple being a kid was", but nahh.

But really, I miss my cats.

About two years ago I went outside and saw this little booger butt falling off of our privacy fence.

Image

Isn't she gorgeous? I took one look at her and decided that she had to stay, so I fed her a can of tuna and she never really left after that. She was the sweetest cat ever. She never bit or hissed or scratched, and all she wanted to do was sit in your lap. Unfortunately, she just kind of vanished one day. /: I'm pretty sure a neighbor or something scooped her up but it really broke my heart when she went missing. My step-dad never wanted her in the house, so we had to leave her outside at night and one morning she just wasn't there. /: We just called her Kitty.

The other cat, well, my cat, was named Tripod. My step dad went driving one day and found her laying in a ditch, sinking into a mud puddle. She was nothing but skin and bones, and her leg had been broken and healed in a weird position so it stuck out in front of her face. He brought her home and I fell in love with her. We took her to the vet, and they ended up amputating her leg, hence the name Tripod, 'cause she was three-legged. She was my baby. I snuck her in my room 'cause my step dad didn't want her outside either. She would always lay on my chest and lick my nose. She was adorable and sweet and loving and perfect - the only problem was she was only that way with me. She started having seizures one day, and we think it was a complication of whatever happened to her. The vet said he thought she had been thrown out of a car window. /: I don't know how someone could be so cruel. But the seizures got worse and one day I let her out to pee and she never came back. My mom thinks she went off somewhere to die, but I don't really want to think about that because it makes me want to punch something.

This is what she looked like:

Image

and here is a picture of Tripod, Kitty, and Truffle together on my bed:

Image

Of course, I also miss all of my babies (dogs) that have passed away, but they deserve their own blog.

Having pets is wonderful but it sucks when you lose them.
August 18th, 2012 at 05:44pm