The … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy that is not about the not so surprising amount of people who talk on their cell phone and drive me crazy by doing so even though it’s been proven that

Hello again! Today I am not going to talk about something extremely important. The thing that is extremely important that I am not going to talk about is the not so surprising amount of people who talk on their cell phone and drive me crazy by doing so even though it’s been proven that it’s more dangerous than driving while considerably intoxicated. I am not going to talk about that at all. What I am going to talk about however, is voluntary actions.
A voluntary action is anything that you make a conscious choice to do, as compared to something you make a subconscious choice to do, or something you don’t at all make a choice to do but are forced to do it regardless, or something that you don’t make a choice to do and so simply refrain from doing. For example, going up and punching your best friend square on the nose is most likely going to be a voluntary action despite the fact that it’s also most likely going to be a hideously stupid action. Breathing on the other hand, was an involuntary action until you read this sentence and starting thinking about the act of breathing, whereby you effectively took manual control and switched the action into a voluntary one. I have given you that much more control over your life, and for that you’re very welcome. A completely involuntary action is pumping blood through your veins, which us humans (and very possibly all living creatures on this planet and even possibly beyond) are very lucky but not necessarily all that grateful to have given to us without the need for us to think about it. These examples describe in an examplatory way, the difference between a voluntary action that you do, and an involuntary action that you do. I won’t go into an involuntary action that you do not do, because that seems rather redundant to me.
In writing this … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy I am undertaking an action that is very much voluntary. Even the subject I am writing about is a subject which I voluntarily chose to write about. However, it is not one that I wanted to write about. Let me explain in the way I wish to, instead of in a simple and easy way that would only take two sentences and would make this whole process much less fun. I enjoy writing. I may not be good at it, but I enjoy it none-the-less. I also enjoy listening to music, but that is entirely irrelevant at the moment and so I won’t bring it up again. I very often choose the topic of my … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingys at or within five minutes of me actually writing them, and very often forgo writing any rough drafts in favor of just writing what I originally write and having it be the final copy. Because of this, I rarely know what the next topic of my … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingys is going to be and I rarely know were each … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy is going to take me. I do know what the topic of my … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy is going to be if someone else asks me to write something however. I don’t (always, on occasion I actually enjoy it) particularly like writing something for someone else simply because I find that the idea and-slash-or topic behind it is unoriginal. If the idea and-slash-or the topic behind it isn’t mine, then I often find it hard to write about because I tend to have a mind that drifts randomly in its own entirely blatantly not predetermined direction that it just sort of makes up as it goes along often surprising me and the rest of my body in the process. For this reason there are few people who can actually get me to write something. Listed in the order of frequency of requests, these people are: teachers, my best friends (I have five), my brother, and people who pay me to write things. This particular … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy was requested by my brother. The only reason I accepted his request (and really the reason behind 90% of my acceptance of his requests) is because he asked and asked and asked with a method and a frequency that only siblings can possibly achieve that wore me down so much that I finally gave in and decided that simply writing the … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy would be much less torture than having to hear the same request repeated another gazillion times. His request, was a … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy about what the life of a tree was like. I responded that I think the life of a tree is rather like the life of a bush. Very content at having itself widely spread in a dispersed pattern under the ground, and completely contently oblivious that the highest part of itself is moving several miles an hour faster than the lowest part of itself due to the earth’s rotation. It’s probably altogether very content and oblivious about everything. That is what I said at first, however unlike a tree or a bush, my brother was not content, and not oblivious. He said he wanted something more. He said he wanted what a live tree would feel. I asked him if he meant an Ent like creature (which, since he likes Lord of the Rings and I happen to not enjoy it in the slightest (except for a few ten second clips in it here and there,) he knows much more about than I do) and he said no. He then described to me what he meant, and I after hearing his description, I thought he meant like an Ent like creature. So here is my best swing of a horribly battered sword at what an Ent like creature (who my brother knows a lot more about than I do) thinks about life.
I think, that an Ent like creature thinks, that life is rather grand. At least, if he’s living in a place relatively distant from the strange pink fleshy things that only walk on their hind appendages rather than on all fours like a proper member of the animal kingdom should, then I think he thinks life is rather grand. He’s most likely surrounded by others of his kind, who he (or she, who am I to judge) can communicate and flirt freely with. He (or she) is also probably very content but not oblivious to and about the fact that the tallest part of him (or her) is moving at a great speed greater than the lowest part of him (or her) and that his (or her) lowest parts are widely spread in a dispersed pattern underneath the ground in order to make sure that he (or she) doesn’t fall over at a random moment chosen by a completely arbitrary and unknown power. He (or she) is also probably very content but not oblivious to and about the gentle breeze that sometimes ruffles her (or his) hair, and the not always gentle rain that gives him (or her) a very nice relaxing drink of natures perfect liquid. He, (or she) like most other animals on the planet that don’t consider themselves to be superior and able to walk on their hind appendages rather than on all fours like a proper member of the animal kingdom should, is probably very content with the fact that he (or she) can reproduce with any nearby member of the same species without having any consequence about it what so ever. Over all, I think that that Ent like creature probably thinks that it’s life is rather content. If that Ent like creature does not live in a place relatively distant from the strange pink fleshy things that only walk on their hind appendages rather than on all fours like a proper member of the animal kingdom should, then I think it thinks it’s life has rather gone over the hill and back down again and is probably looking forward to keeling over. He (or she) is probably wondering why there are no other members of its species nearby that he (or she) can freely communicate and reproduce with. He (or she) is probably also wondering why there are strange and very solid barriers blocking his (or her) lowest parts from being widely spread a dispersed pattern underneath the ground that make sure that he (or she) doesn’t fall over at a random moment chosen by a completely arbitrary and unknown power. He (or she) is also probably scared by the many strange pink fleshy things that only walk on their hind appendages rather than on all fours like a proper member of the animal kingdom should that constantly walk near him. (or her) He (or she) is also probably frightened by the multiple metal box like things that probably move by him (or her) with great speed at seemingly all moments of the day. The only thing that he (or she) is probably content about is the fact that the tallest part of him (or her) is moving at a much greater speed than the lowest part of him. (or her)
Anyways, that’s at least what I think the life of an Ent like creature is like. I do wonder if they are at all emotionally hurt or perhaps just flat out frightened by the fact that we seem to be slowly taking over their natural territory. In the process, all we’re really doing is giving ourselves dirtier air to breathe and bringing our life quality down to the same level as we’ve brought theirs down to. It really seems to me that we’re the bringers of their revenge upon ourselves. I think it’d probably just be better for the both of us if we (the strange pink fleshy things that only walk on their hind appendages rather than on all fours like a proper member of the animal kingdom should) were to plant more Ent like creatures that we call trees.
Oh well, at least I finished up this … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy for my brother, and didn’t talk about anything important like the not so surprising amount of people who talk on their cell phone and drive me crazy by doing so even though it’s been proven that it’s more dangerous than driving while considerably intoxicated or deforestation or something like that.
You know? I think that my next … um … article/ rant/ crazy monologue thingy is probably going to be about dropping giant pizzas out of airplanes, or maybe about firebombing via flaming poultry or something like that. I have a friend who specializes in both of those areas. Oh well, goodbye til then!
August 19th, 2012 at 04:49am