30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 19

Things you want to say to an ex.

Quite simply put, I have a few ex's I'd like to say things to.
I don't know if we're supposed to pick one, or not. So I'll do a few of them.
I don't really know where to start, though.

I guess I could just jump right in?

- - - - - -

Dear Kevin

You were a simple, amazing person. I don't know where you are righ tnow because we haven't talked in quite a few months, believe it or not. But I just wanted you to know that even though we didn't work out, nothing I said was a lie. Everything I told you, all the love I sent to you, was true. I do love you. I did love you. I was in love with you. I don't think it was enough for either of us to make things work how they should, but it was enough for it to hurt me when we broke up. I never lied about how I felt and every emotion was real.

Every single thing I felt, all the tears I cried... they're real. Or they were real.

But if I'm honest with myself, truly honest, the only person I can be me with, and the only person who is right for me, isn't you. You realized that before I did, but that doesn't mean that it didn't hurt and still doesn't hurt.

I know who I'm supposed to be with, and I'm with him once again in my rightful place as his girlfriend, but I stilll.. I still want you to know that I love you very much.
We were best friends before we were lovers and we're always going to be friends

If you need me for anything please don't hesitate to ask, or come talk to me.

I do love you, very much.

Dear Aein

It hurts me to write this, mainly because I'm writing to someone who doesn't exist. For over a year and a half, you were so very real to me. Always in the back of my mind. Always floating there, a wonderful memory. You were always someone who I knew I could count on to love me and comfort me despite all of the bullshit in the world.

You were my safe haven. You were.

It takes a disgusting, insecure, fuck of a person to pretend to be someone else. But it takes an especially fucking disgusting monster to do that for over a year. Who has the time or the energy or the conscience to do that for over a year?

Morgan did.
I don't think I've ever been so hurt, to be perfectly honest.
But I guess everything happens for a reason, because my soul mate and I are together once more. It took a shit storm to get me there, but I"m there and I ain't leaving ever again.

To the Aein that was very much real to me, thank you for being someone I could be myself with. I wish so much that you were an actual person, so that I could still have you in my life as a close friend. I wish that you could be in my life and help guide me.

I wish you were real.

- - - - - - - -

There are other relationships I've had that have ended badly, and some that have just ended mutually. Those aren't really what has moved me or changed me. These two are.

Of course, the one ex I'm leaving out is my current boyfriend Greg.
He and I were together for a year before we broke up...
We ended in February and didn't get back together until last week...

Those were the worst 6 months of my life, honestly.
Still being in love with him, trying to move on, trying to pretend like he wasn't my soul mate.
It was horrid and I'm glad the facade is over. I'm glad he's finally mine again.

I'm never letting him go, not ever.
He's my forever, and I know that now.

Greg, I love you more than my own self.
Thank you, baby, for being who I need all the time, not just some.
August 22nd, 2012 at 05:21am