Classes

Jesus. I just started this creative writing class yesterday and I can't believe it...

So, when I decided to take this course, I didn't think it would be easy. Until I talked to my grandma. She was told me that creative writing classes were a cop out class, something that looked good but didn't amount to anything. She told me about her high school class where the only assignment was to write a poem or short story each week and you would get credit for just turning them in.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed when she told me all of this, but I figured I would still take the class. I figured that, if nothing else, it would be good practice.

I went to class and the teacher is crazy... But I like him a lot... But that's a whole other blog. XD Anyway, we have to write so much and there are so many restrictions on what we can do. For example, our poems all have to be at least 15 lines and they can't rhyme. That's pretty much all I've ever done; my poems either rhyme or they're really short. I hope I can do it. I have to write a sonnet by Tuesday. @_@ I've never written a sonnet in my life; I don't even know if I've ever read one.

Then, we only write one short story but it has to be thirty pages long. There are times that I can't even fill one page. It also cannot be any genre. His instructions are that the story take place "in this time period, on this planet, with human beings." Gosh, this is not what I had prepared for. Easy class my butt... But, I guess, that's what I originally wanted, right?

So, that happened. Then, I had to go to my sociology class. I thought the teacher was pretty cool, until she made us all pair off and we each had to write a song about what we had in common and sing it. In front of people. I sincerely apologize to all of my classmates who were subjected to my singing voice. For this class, we have to debate and make a presentation every other week. :/ I don't know how I'm going to do this, since we also have to read about sixty pages a week, sometimes more than that.

My final class of the night is chemistry. Honestly, I didn't want to take this course but I am because my brother is too. At least I'll know someone. But I'm starting to doubt that decision after watching the safety video. My train of thoughts went back and forth between "JESUS CHRIST. WHAT AM I DOING HERE?!" and literally praying that what happened on the screen didn't happen to me. Seriously, if I don't set myself on fire I win at chemistry. I'm such an awful klutz. ;_; I'll probably spill acid on myself or something.

So that's my semester plus a Spanish class, which seems like the least of my problems now. XD Ah, well. I knew this day would come when my school would kill me.
August 23rd, 2012 at 05:39am