New Material

Hey, so I know I've been terribly slacking on all of my stories. Most of them I have stopped writing completely, because once again I do not have a laptop. However, once I do get a laptop(which will hopefully be in a couple weeks) I will be back in school. Most of my time will be taken up by another project. For independent study this year, I'm choosing to write a novel instead of taking a class. What I want to know is if I post it in here or make a second mibba just for school or whatever, would you guys be willing to read it?

It will obviously be with original characters but it's loosely based on my life. (If you read my memoir, you'll be able to pick up on that very quickly). But it's always what I wished my life was. It's a way for me to deal with the stuff I was never able to deal with in, in a way I think will be both therapeutic and productive.

It's basically about this girl from NJ, moving to Pennsylvania with her mother and older brother just as she's about to enter freshman year. Her mother is a pill popper and her brother isn't much better. In her first days there, she already manages to get herself involved with the older "bad" kids. The bad kids have a band and a drummer that gets sent to rehab. Molly( the main girl) takes her place. They get big, her life gets crazy, she quits school to tour. All of the band members lives spiral, they have messy dug-induced, interweaving relationships. It all culminates in traumatic events that don't get cleared up until the sequel (which I already have planned as well).

But yeah, let me know if you'd be interested in reading that and maybe helping me when I get stuck or my writing sucks in some places. It would just be really helpful. Let me know so I can put what I have up, if no one is going to read it though, I'm not going to bother with all the formatting and what not.

Thanks for reading this,
Audrey V. Sullivan
August 24th, 2012 at 10:22pm