Cancer... Please don't take him...

My step dad, John, was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. If you follow my very irregular blogs, you'd know he was a heroin addict as well. I don't know what type of cancer he has, other then its in his blood. For a while, he seemed to be doing better.

Two weeks after school let out, he left to go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester for treatment. He's been there since then. My family went to see him once, but I didn't want to go because I didn't know how he was going to behave. (He has abusive history.) I feel terrible for not going now...

A few days ago, he texted me "911". Obviously, I got scared. I called him. He seriously sounded like he was on his last breath. His voice was so cracked, you could hear him wheezing and his breathing was so slow. He said something along these lines, "Tiff? Can you call your mum? Tell her to call me. I love you. Tell your mom and the kids I love him. I'll be okay." I hardly got a word in, except for "I love you to. I will. We love you," and he hung up.

He was put into a medically induced coma an hour later. I really don't know the order of all these things, except for his high blood pressure being the reason he went in. All I know is that over the course of the past few days they have found these things wrong:

High blood pressure
Temp above 100, rarely dropping down to 99.
Clot in his throat
Collapsing lungs
and something else with his blood count...

I'm really scared. I know he might have been really bad in the past, while he was struggling with his addictions and such, but he's still been there more than my own dad at times. I keep thinking about when that Wallace and Gromet movie came out. He took me to it. He'd take me out all the time and when my siblings were old enough, they would go with. The first movie we went to in the theater was G-Force.

I miss him. I want him to wake up so bad.

Something I drew for him...
August 25th, 2012 at 05:02am