Thanks, Hurricane Isaac! (aka reasons why I'm thankful to live in florida) + Day 25

NO SCHOOL UNTIL AT LEAST THURSDAY.

I mean, yeah. Hurricanes suck and obviously I would rather there not be one and all, but they closed down my university until Thursday at the soonest. This is only going to be a category one hurricane so far, and I stayed in my house and survived through a category five storm, so I'm really not that worried. Not having power for awhile will majorly suck and I definitely like having hot showers, but at least I get a few more days to catch up on reading and things for classes. It's not going to be anything like hurricane Ivan was, so there's nothing really to worry about.

-

Something I'm looking forward to:

Right now, I'm looking forward to being done with school. I have quite a few years left obviously since I'm pursuing a master's degree, but I really can't wait until I'm the one grading the papers, not the other way around, you know? I really want to be able to say that I have a career and I'm doing something to support myself and my family. I'm just really looking forward to the future in general, to when I can function fully as an adult and just...yeah.

I guess it just gets harder and harder to gain motivation after awhile.
August 28th, 2012 at 03:58am