26 - why have a dream wedding when you can't even marry the person you love?

I've never been one of those girls that "dreams about their wedding their whole life" or whatever. I really don't care where it is or what the colors are or what I'm wearing or anything.

Plus, I can't even marry legally in this fucking country.

I'm not even going to get started on the bullshit laws we have here and the way the bible rules everything and gah. It's just ridiculous that I can't marry the girl I love and have to contemplate moving across the country in order to do so.

When I picture my wedding (if it's ever legal), I just see myself being really happy and everything is kind of bright and everyone is smiling and laughing and having a good time. That's all that really matters to me. I think that is all that should ever matter, really. Why spend time freaking out over the right colors and flowers and place settings and all of that useless stuff? Just think about the person you love, and how amazing it feels to be with them in that way.

And really I don't even think marriage is necessary in a relationship, or to tie it together. The one reason I would want to be "married" is to have children with that person and have the security to be able to share funds/insurance, to see them in the hospital if they are hurt, and to never have to worry about our children getting taken away from us.

It's just fucking ridiculous that I can't have that because I'm gay.
August 28th, 2012 at 05:09am