First Year At College | Things I Need To Talk About

Why does no one ever really listen to what I have to say? I'm not directing this towards my friends more of my dad. So I began college yesterday. Pretty nervous about the whole thing because I attend an art college and I feel as if I'll do terrible and even though I feel comfortable in photoshop, I constantly think all my artwork will suck. Anyway, so I had some morning classes and some evening classes as well. My dad went, after I told him not to, he changed my schedule to alll evening classes. I didn't want all my classes to be evening because some of them I'll be there til 10pm at night and I really don't want to be.

Its just every time I told him I didn't want them to be evening he ignored me and told me I was being selfish and not thinking of my family's schedule. My mom has work around 8:30. Sister gets on the bus at 7:30 and my lil brother around 9. But between 7-8 my dad can bring to school but he doesn't want too. So he called me selfish.

The man in charge of schedules emailed me and said that seeing I have all evening classes my year at college will suffer. Two of my classes I was suppose to have on the same day got split and the ma in charge of schedule said he's worried about that because they're suppose to be on the same day but my schedule there on different days. I don't know why my dad won't listen to me. I told him I could catch a ride with a friend or spend the night at a friend's dorm. He didn't want to listen to me.

While he's so concerned about his schedule and family's, he's not seeing how my first year of college will be diffifcult for me. I get home around 10 and I'll be tired as hell. I won't have time for homework. I'll be exhausted. I feel like I won't do good this year at college all because he wouldn't listen to a word I said.
August 28th, 2012 at 02:43pm