I Hate Life Sometimes.

So, my life pretty much sucks right now... Stuff just keeps happening. Like when it rains, it freaking pours. And I know I shouldn't be complaining, because other people have it much, much worse; I just can't help it.

Sooooo just last week one of my step-aunts died, and we had to have her funeral. This was tragic for my family, as they found out she had lung cancer and she died not even a week later. Boo hoo. Well, the day AFTER her funeral, one of my cousins died--the poor girl had teeth pulled at the dentist, and got an infection that she didn't know about; this resulted in the infection getting in her blood stream, and traveling pretty much to every organ in her body. She went into multi-organ failure and had to be put on a ventilator. They did a CT, and since there was no brain activity whatsoever, her mother had to make the decision to take her off the vent.

She had teeth pulled. At a DENTISTS OFFICE.
This is not an uncommon thing, y'know? People get teeth pulled all the time. And just like that, she died because she didn't know her mouth was infected from it. Jenn was only 25 years old, had two kids that she was raising alone, and had a pretty hard life (I'm not going into that right now). Two years older than my brother. She used to babysit me when I was little.

I just can't handle this. It hasn't really sunk in yet that she's gone, even though I went to her visitation last night and saw her; cold, dead, and in the casket. I just can't believe it. She didn't even look like herself.

So then yesterday morning, the vet called after having done a blood test on my cat the day before because he's been sick, not eating, and losing weight.

He has feline Leukemia. To you, I may sound like a big whiny baby right now because it's a cat. But this cat is more than just a cat to me. He's like family. My little Oliver is the best cat I've ever had in my life. And the fact that this is the SECOND cat that I've owned that got leukemia, I'm taking that as and omen. I can't ever have another cat again.

They say feline leukemia is rare; a 3-5% chance that a cat will get it (and it's deadly, like human cancer). And I've had two cats get it. Like, really right now? My last cat, Tipper, had to be put down because he was suffering too much and I couldn't handle seeing him that way. I hope I don't have to do that to my poor baby Oliver, too. I love him like I love my mom and dad. And my brother. And my sister. And my baby nephew, Aaron. I just can't handle all of this emotional stress right now! It's about to kill me!

And to top it all off, I can't find any more Oliver Sykes stories to read. Which sucks for me. Because apparently nobody cares enough about him to write their stupid little fan-fics anymore.

I CARE. WRITE MORE.

FML.
August 29th, 2012 at 09:19pm