I. Am. Free

They say that things happen for a reason. Some things in my life I've always wondered what the reasons were to them. I've had bad things happen to me in my past and I could never figure out what those reasons were.
When things happen to me I could never stand up for myself. I always just sank down and let whatever happened happen.
Today was different. Ive been going through the same thing with this guy for three years. We'd get together, he'd cheat and we'd break up and he'd find some excuse like "oh babe I'm sorry I love only you no one else," and Id believe him....
We'd fix things and he'd go get a girlfriend the next day and try an cover up for that and id believe him. He caused me so much pain physically and mentally. He's hit me multiple times and I still would go back to him.
Today I stood up for myself. I told him I was done being his punching bag and being his second choice. I was done with him.
I feel like a weight that has been crushing me and causing me so much pain has finally been lifted from my shoulders and I'm free.

I now understand what they mean when they say things happen for a reason.
I am now free from him and now... I can live my life and not worry about being hit or miserable anymore.

I am free.
August 31st, 2012 at 12:31am