Respecting the Rev - Side note

By the way if you read my long post from earlier today I just thought that I'd share with you how many likes they have so far. I refuse to promote the page by posting a link or the page name solely because I have such strong feelings on the subject. I do however want to share the amount of likes this page has received. 670 as of tonight.

Also on their page they claim that one of their friends met James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich of Metallica at the Orion festival (which if that's true, congrats! that's awesome) and were able to share the page with them and that they liked the idea. (How were they able to talk to them that long? is my question)

If that's true... IDK how I feel about it. I understand that The Rev deserves major respect but I feel that if anyone should put out anything about The Rev is should be those who were the closest to him, and not by fans. I feel that the band has already done so by releasing the album, touring, making the videos for the songs off of Nightmare, ESPECIALLY So Far Away.

I'm not bashing fan made videos or tributes or fan fiction or anything of that sort. I feel that every fan should be able to express how they feel about The Rev and the impact he has made on their life, but when you are shoving it in the face of those closest to him and then expecting to make money off of their grief, how low and despicable can you get? I have one word for people who want to capitalize on other people's pain and suffering. Vultures.

The band owed the fans NOTHING. We are not somehow ENTITLED to every air particle that they have touched let alone their music. As a family we should be thankful that they allowed us to be a part of something so personal. They very well could have closed up shop and never released anything that Jimmy had a part in. That IS their right.

So for now I want to end with a very big and sincere THANK YOU to M. Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance, Johnny Christ, and The Rev for not only playing a huge role in my life but for allowing me to get to know an incredible group of artists. Also, to M. Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance, and Johnny Christ THANK YOU for allowing your fans to be a part of The Rev's legacy and for giving us the gift of his music for the last time. I know the guys will never see this but I do hope that they know that at least one fan appreciates the choice that they made in sharing his music. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it had to be for them (and still is) to make that choice.
August 31st, 2012 at 05:47am