Paris, the city of love!

Hi all! Big news!

Today is an amazing day. If you follow me on tumblr, (alwaysawhore) you’ll see that for ages now I’ve been posting and blogging about visiting Paris. I got a text today from work offering me a job in Paris, working with Zara. One of the biggest fashion houses in Europe in the most beautiful city in the world! I am so beyond excited, it’s unreal! I leave on the tenth and come back just before uni – that’s going to be beautiful. Coming home from Paris to my own place at my dream university will be amazing. I’ll be taking my camera and phone so I’m going to try to vlog and take a million pictures, even if I don’t get to see the infamous Eiffel Tower.

I’ve always considered living in France, and it would always be Paris if I did it. It was always either Wales (strictly Cardiff) or France (strictly Paris) so I’m really happy to have the chance to go to Paris and experience working over there, even for a little while. If I did live in Paris, I think I’d like to work as an English teacher to adults or teenagers at A-level or equivalent – no children. I’d also like to work in publishing/editing, either in Cardiff or Paris, and then moonlight as a writer, because I write to live. I took French as a GCSE and I’m clever, so I don’t doubt that I could pick it up. Ever since I was younger I wanted to go so I am sooo happy!

Oh, and I get paid for it! My transport is free, my hotel room is free, my food is free AND I get money that I so desperately need for university. Honestly I think it was my Nanny Jean who helped me out. I think she worked some magic and swung this for me.

I am the happiest I've been in a very long time. If some darling French dreamboat could magically fall in love with me I'd be over the moon!

I'm off to celebrate/dance/text everyone I know. I hope you'll check out the latest chapter of A Better Man and comment!

Love you all,
Jas x
September 3rd, 2012 at 05:16pm