What is Your Masquerade? (Warning: Meant for a Christian audience, I wrote this for my sunday school teacher as a gone in 60 second lesson.

What is your Masquerade?
James 5: 14-15
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

Is it wrong to live the life you want? That is my first question. Well here's my answer.
This is what you need to understand; It isn't about if the life is wrong, it's about if it's what God has planned for you. Every decision you may think is a good idea may not be because it might not be God's plan. Living the life you want is like running across a highway blindfolded and deaf. You don't know when a car is passing nor do you know if it is clear. God see's your future and he has planned out the life he wants for you, because he loves you. He is your guide across that dangerous highway.
So what do people see when they look at you? Does God's presents show in your life as you move through it? Or do you pretend you were never changed? Would people know if they looked at you that you were a Christian or would they be surprised? When you live the life you want, ignoring you're suppose to be an example to none believers you are living the life of a hypocrite. How does that show them the amazingness of God?
My point is everyone hides behind something, a reason as to why they won't give their life fully over to God. Maybe that reason is because you wish to live the life you want or you're afraid of what others might think but why would you want to live in fear? You know what I call lives like those? A Christian masquerade.
A masquerade is a dance where everyone dresses up and wears masks to disguise themselves from others. A Christian masquerade is a Christian who is dancing their way through life, wearing a mask of a fear so no one really knows who they truly are. Every single person in this room has participated in this pattern, and whatever your mask may be, you have a choice to overcome it and be different. So when I ask you these questions, what I am really asking is; What is your fear? What is your masquerade?
September 3rd, 2012 at 09:36pm