What do you choose?

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

This verse is saying that sin is not of God... It is of us.

Everyday people try to blame God for their own mistakes, or other peoples failures. When Someone goes into a mall and shoots everyone in his line of fire we blame God for not stopping them, or when your best friend gives away the gift meant for her future husband you blame God for not putting a smarter thought in her head then what she wanted... But we are missing the truth. We are forgetting God didn't make them commit that sin.

The Lust of the Flesh.
Everyone sins, it is a proven fact that no one is perfect. Sometimes though I think we forget that fact, because a lot of times we get so wrapped up in the 'woe’s me' thinking that we blame God for our own actions.
Genesis 1:26a
And God said Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
God Created us in His image.
Matthew 5:48b
Even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
And God was perfect. So God created us perfect, without sin. We loved him willingly with the free will he gifted us with. He gave us a choice to love or to hate him because God wants us to love Him willingly. But the thing is; we chose sin.
In Chapter three of genesis Adam and Eve chose to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. They chose to disobey God and bring sin into the world. God knew that Adam and Eve were going to sin, but he didn't stop them because that would have violated the gift of free will and God loved us so much he let us choose to be without him if that was what we wanted. He knew the consequences of a life without him also and that was why even after we chose to turn away from Him, He sent his son to save us from our sins so we could be reunited with him again if we chose to. It was always about choice. We were the ones that brought sin into the world... We were the ones that corrupted it.
It all stared with the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life.

All Satan had to do was tempt Eve with the lust of the flesh first, to eat of the forbidden fruit.
The hunger for power, or revenge could be the lust of the flesh. That person that goes to a mall and shoots a bunch of people is a example of the lust of the flesh. He was so full of hatred and lust for revenge that he took it upon himself to take others lives. That is what living in the flesh does to you. It is what drives us to do horrible sins.
The lust of the eyes.
The lust of the eyes is what Satan used to tempt Eve into wanting that fruit of that tree. All it took was to appeal to the eyes of her lust and she fell into the most regretted thing of man kind... Sin.

Genesis 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food and it was pleasant to the eyes, and the tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat.
Eve was perfect before she sinned. We were in the likeness of God, but we took that free will he gave us and turned to sin. The Lust of the eyes is one that has become harder and harder for each generation of Christians to over come. Our sinful desires can look like the best piece of chocolate cake in the store, but the thing about sin is, even a little of it is deadly. When we follow those sinful cravings that can lead us onto the path that can rob our future spouses of the gift of your entire being, and your purity. Lust of the eyes caused Eve to fall, and if we are not careful it can can put us through pain also. When you follow your lustful cravings you're letting your lust drive your line of sight... You are letting sin control you.
The pride of life.
The pride of life is a sin most of us forget is a sin. Pride in your appearance is vanity, and pride is when you become so focused on yourself, you forget it is a sin.
Genesis 3:4-5
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Satan used things that would appeal to her pride and tempt her to want to eat it. He used the pride of life to draw her in, and the moment they ate of the fruit they both knew good and evil but they were not gods. They were corrupted by the sin that can burn away our humble hearts and our loyalty to God.

My point is; every time we get angry at God for letting someone hurt us, or the other way around, we stop and remember that every single one of our issues is our fault. We chose to sin and we chose to give God no choice but to offer us one more chance to be with him in heaven again or face and eternity in hell for our sin that we brought into the world.
God still loves us and that is why despite the fact we turn away from him everyday, he still wants us to be with Him in heaven for eternity. Our own path brought in the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life and it corrupted God's perfect creation, so why would we want to keep choosing our own path when God see's our future and his path was perfection... Ours was death.
God wants our love willingly and that is why he gave us free will, and it is why despite the fact we screw up, he will never make us do right or wrong. So remember next time we try and blame Him that it was never his fault, it was our bad choices with our free will. It was what happens when we are separated from God. With out God we have sin, so this world that we corrupted is not of God. Our sin is not of God. It is of the world. So which do you choose?
To be of the world?....
Or of God?
September 3rd, 2012 at 09:41pm